Every neighborhood in the country uses Nextdoor.
Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub. Find events near you, offer up things you’re selling or find great stuff available for free in your neighborhood.
Use Nextdoor to stay informed about what’s going on in your neighborhood. Connect with your neighbors, find home services, form a neighborhood watch, or just get to know the people you see every day.
Find yard sales, a handyman pro, dog walker, or last-minute babysitter. Network with your neighbors to keep up with local news, plan a local event, or share safety tips.
From community activities to yard sales, neighbors can help us in so many ways - we just need to connect with them. Nextdoor makes it easy to talk with neighbors about what matters most to you.
Download Nextdoor and see for yourself why it’s the #1 neighborhood app:
Local App for Neighbors
• Local news on all the neighborhood happenings
• Get recommendations for the best local handyman
• Post classified ads to sell to your neighbors
• Get offers & free stuff when a neighbor offers up that used appliance she no longer needs
• Meet your neighbors and finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
• Find local events like cookouts and community activities
• Find garage sales and yard sales near you
• Estate sales in your neighborhood
Find Home Services & Deals
• Hire a local babysitter or a recommended nanny
• Hire a pet sitter or dog walker for your furry friend
• Find a local handyman pro, house sitter, or catering company in our classified ads
Crime Alerts & Safety Tips
• Organize a neighborhood watch to quickly get the word out about crime and safety
• Share information during a natural disaster
• Crime report and maps to help keep your neighborhood safe
Connect with your neighbors, buy and sell things, and join a community when you download Nextdoor.
“Before Nextdoor, I didn’t know there were several qualified babysitters living nearby and looking for work. It was easy to feel comfortable hiring my neighbor’s daughter to watch my son after school.” - Patrick, Mission East
“This year for Spring Cleaning, we wanted to sell old appliances, tools, clothing, and electronics on Nextdoor’s For Sale & Free section. In no time, our neighbors stopped by to make a deal and take things off our hands. It was easier than anything else, and it feels good knowing our household items have found a new home in the neighborhood.” - Dan, Hayes Valley
We created Nextdoor because we believe that the neighborhood is one of the most important and useful communities in a person's life. We hope that neighbors everywhere will use the Nextdoor platform to build stronger and safer neighborhoods around the world.
Fences are sometimes necessary. But online privacy is always necessary. Nextdoor is 100% private—a trusted environment where all neighbors are verified, making it safe to share online the kinds of things you'd be okay sharing with your neighbors in person.
• Every neighbor has to verify their address
• All members go by their real names, just like in person
Connect with us:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Nextdoor doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require it.
California "Do Not Sell My Information" Notice: www.nextdoor.com/do_not_sell