Many successful companies have used Account Based Marketing (ABM) to flip their funnels and generate more revenue. However, for B2B mobile companies¹, implementing ABM has been little more than a pipe dream—until now. If you’re in a leadership position at a B2B mobile company, MightySignal is excited to introduce you to ABM4M:
First, it’s important to understand the problem that ABM4M solves. For B2B mobile companies, your market (the mobile app market) has a unique property: it is constantly in flux. At any given time, there are over 5 million iOS and Android apps that are changing extremely quickly — whether they are shooting up/down the rankings, installing new SDKs, or increasing/decreasing ad spend.
Trying to attack the mobile market ad-hoc is a recipe for failure. There is so much going on across every mobile app every day, that you are bound to miss important insights that affect your business.
How ABM4M Solves the Problem
ABM4M shuns the ad-hoc approach and makes it completely strategic, and it does this across all of your go-to-market teams. Whether it’s sales, marketing, or customer success, you’ll have visibility into your current and potential customers and a clear direction on what strategies to pursue.
The Pillars of ABM4M
What makes an ABM4M solution great? A great ABM4M solution stands on three crucial pillars. They are:
Pillar 1: Accurate, Real-Time Mobile Data
The first pillar of ABM4M is accurate, real-time mobile data. Accuracy is important because
Pillar 2: Excellent Account to App Mapping
The second pillar of ABM4M is excellent Account to App Mapping. When implementing ABM4M, companies will have existing accounts in their Salesforce, and they’ll want to enrich those accounts with SDK data and more. But in order to do that, they’ll need an accurate way to map accounts to the apps that belong to them.
Imagine that you have 100K existing Account objects in Salesforce, and you want to accurately match each account to every mobile app belonging to it.
Sounds simple enough, right? You may think:
- Can I just match the name of the Account to the name of known apps?
- Can I just use the domain on the Account and match it to the website that the app lists on the App Store or Google Play?
It turns out that naive approaches like these are quite bad. These approaches will produce large numbers of false positives and false negatives. You’ll have a jumbled mess of data, and your ABM4M solution will be useless.
Luckily, it is possible to solve this problem, but only with advanced, data-heavy approaches. For example, MightySignal’s Account to App mapping uses sources gathered from all around the
Pillar 3: Intelligent Data Structure in Salesforce
The final pillar
Even the best data in your Salesforce is useless if you can’t report on it in an actionable way. An intelligent data structure will allow you to create any type of custom report you
ABM4M Touches All GTM Functions
With ABM4M, you’ll be able to power your entire mobile go-to-market. ABM4M will drive your:
- Sales: Assign high-quality territories with ease. Feed your outbound with an ongoing supply of the best mobile accounts in your target market. Massively improve conversion rates throughout the sales funnel.
- Marketing: Automatically score inbound leads based on their mobile data and assign high-value leads to reps accordingly. Send marketing emails to the highest-value leads at the best accounts, improving conversion rates. Run ads only at your target customers and massively improve CPC.
- Customer Success: Identify churn risks pre-emptively by seeing when your customer is trialing a competitor. Know which of your current customers are ripest for upsell. Be cognizant of your “frenemies” encroaching on your accounts.
We’ll be covering the specifics in future posts. If you’re interested in implementing ABM4M for your mobile business, MightySignal’s Salesforce Integration is the answer. It’s currently being utilized by some of the best companies in mobile